An ah-ha moment.
A light-bulb goes off in your
You’ve just connected two seemingly random ideas into one.
One idea that needs to be shared.
Before you share it. Ask yourself 3 questions.
- Do they need to hear this?
- Do they need to hear this from me?
- Do they need to hear this right now?
Yes to all 3?
Okay, now ask yourself one more question.
Did I give this the time it needs?
To marinate and integrate.
To organize and synthesize.
To put it into words that penetrate crowded brains.
Sentences that will grab onto neurons like a terrified kid who can’t swim grabbing onto a rock in a raging river.
Let me lead by example.
I’m going to stop writing this post and read through every word.
Be right back…..
Okay I’m back.
Feeling good about it.
I removed 12 words, 5 of which felt like cutting off a finger.
But you’ll never know those words.
You’ll only know the words that I feel are needed to leave you with this idea.
I’ll leave you with this.
- We don’t need more information
- We don’t need more blog posts for blog post sake
- We don’t need more meaningless marketing
- We don’t need more shit thrown against the wall
- We don’t need your opinions
- We don’t need rushed work
- We need truths
- We need stories
- We need well-synthesized ah-ha moments
- We need better ideas in fewer words
- We need marination
We need to cut the fat
- We need art
Give your words and work enough time.
The world needs it.